The Parish of Blackpool has three churches, the Church of the Annunciation in Blackpool, St Olivers in Ballyvolane and St Brendan’s in the Glen.
The Church of the Annunciation on Great William O’Brien Street in Blackpool was officially dedicated on the 7th of October 1945. Its design was by the noted Blackpool stone carverSeamus Murphy. The church was built by the staff of Sunbeam Wolsey (under Mick Callaghan, foreman) of which Mr. William Dwyer was the founder and Managing Director.
St Brendan’s Church is situated in Glen Avenue. It’s spire and copper roof are familiar landmarks in the north side of Cork City. The church was built in 1973. The church is dedicated to St Brendan the Navigator and there is a beautiful mosaic of St Brendan at the entrance.
St Oliver’s Church is situated on Glenheights Road. It was built in 1992 and is the youngest Catholic church in the diocese. It is a modern design with a very striking crucifixion sculpture over the main altar. It is dedicated to St Oliver Plunkett who was canonised in 1975.
If you have any questions please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org